Pan-Roasted Apples with Maple and Pecans
New Media Publishing / Photography: Flat Art Studios.com / Stylist: Abigail Donnelly
Provided by: Paul Grimes
Welcome guests into your home with the fragrance of baking apples. Don't be afraid of the curry - it's virtually undetectable, providing just a welcome hint of warm spice .
- Put rack in middle position and reheat oven to 350F.
- Cut apples and toss with vinegar in a bowl until ready to use.
- Toast pecans in a shallow baking sheet until golden and fragrant, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer pecans to a plate until ready to use.
- Cook curry powder in butter in a 12-inch heavy skillet, stirring constantly, about 30 seconds. Add syrup, salt, pepper, apples and vinegar to skillet. Cook apples, stirring occasionally, over moderate heat until apples are firm tender and juices thicken slightly, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add pecans and toss lightly to coat.