Provided by: Campbell's Kitchen
Everyone will eat their veggies when they taste this delicious dish. It features wide ribbons of pappardelle pasta tossed with vegetables in a savory Italian sauce.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large onion , finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 8 ounce fresh green beans , trimmed
- 2 large carrot , diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 cup frozen peas , thawed
- 3 cup Prego® Heart Smart Roasted Red Pepper & Garlic Italian Sauce
- 2 package (about 8 ounces each) pappardelle pasta , cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves , cut into thin strips
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, beans and carrots and cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Stir the broccoli, peas and sauce in the skillet and and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Toss the vegetable mixture with the pasta. Sprinkle with the basil.
- Helper: For a thinner consistency, stir 1/4 cup pasta cooking water into the sauce.