Pastry Tostadas Olé
Provided by: Campbell's Kitchen
Instead of the usual tortilla base, these tostadas start with Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Shells. Each shell is rolled into a circle and baked until golden before being topped with a taco-seasoned beef mix, shredded Cheddar, tomatoes, olives, green onions and sour cream.
- 1 package (10 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Shells
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 package (about 1 1/4 ounces) taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Monterey Jack cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 1 medium tomato , chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup sliced pitted ripe olive
- 2 green onion , sliced (about 1/4 cup)
- sour cream
- Thaw the pastry shells at room temperature for 40 minutes or until they're easy to handle. Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Roll the pastry shells into 7-inch circles on a lightly floured surface. Place the pastry circles onto baking sheets. Prick the pastry thoroughly with a fork.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Let the pastries cool on the baking sheets on wire racks for 10 minutes.
- Cook the beef in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until well browned, stirring to separate meat. Pour off any fat.
- Stir the water and taco seasoning in the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes or until the mixture is thickened.
- Divide the beef mixture among the pastry circles. Sprinkle with the cheese, tomato, olives and onions. Top with the sour cream.