Peas with Bacon and Mint
Provided by: Curtis Stone
- Sauté the bacon strips in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat until golden and crisp about 5 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon transfer the bacon strips to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the pan drippings (there should be just enough to coat the bottom of the pan).
- Add the shallots to the pan drippings in the pan and sauté over medium heat until they soften -- about 2 minutes.
- Add the peas and sauté until they are tender and bright green about 7 minutes.
- Add the bacon and toss to coat. Season the peas to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss the peas with the mint and serve.
- Visit http://curtisstone.com.