Penne with Chicken, Asparagus and Lemon Alfredo Sauce
Provided by: Woman's Day
total prep 576 calories/serving
- 1 lb penne rigate (penne with ridges) pasta
- 1 lb thin asparagus, ends trimmed, spears cut in 1/2-in.-long pieces
- FOR SAUCE:
- 12 oz chicken tenders, cut diagonally in 1/2-in.-wide strips
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 11/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 jar (16 oz) Alfredo sauce
- 1 Tbsp grated lemon peel
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large tomato, halved, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh chives
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Garnish: finely shredded lemon peel
- Cook pasta in a large pot of lightly salted boiling water as package directs, adding asparagus 3 minutes before pasta is done.
- Meanwhile sprinkle chicken with salt, then toss with flour to lightly coat.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add chicken; sauté 3 minutes until golden and just barely cooked through. Add Alfredo sauce, peel, juice and cheese. Bring to a simmer and cook 1 to 2 minutes until chicken is done.
- Drain pasta and asparagus; return to pot. Immediately add sauce, tomato, chives and pepper. Toss to mix and coat.