Pizza with Gruyere, Pear and Chestnut Honey
New Media Publishing / Photography: Flat Art Studios.com / Stylist: Abigail Donnelly
Provided by: Michelle Huneven
I like to end a pizza dinner with a fruit pizza: pecorino with grapes in the summer, gruyere with pear in the winter. I recommend a chestnut honey, but you can vary this with a light drizzle of truffle oil.
- Crust for one pizza using Pizza Dough recipe (*see below)
- 6 ounces gruyere cheese in thin slices or coarsely grated
- 1 large ripe, Bosc pear, peeled, seeded, and cut into approximately 12 thin slices, lengthwise
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chestnut honey, to taste
- * Pizza Dough recipe
Arrange Gruyere cheese over the pizza crust, trying for as much coverage as possible.
- Arrange pear slices on top of cheese.
- Drizzle pizza with chestnut honey.
- Place pizza in oven. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes, checking for doneness.