Provided by: Shane Kelly
total prep 276 calories/serving
- 3 organic russet baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil plus more for rubbing on potatoes
- 1 pint (12 ounces) grape tomatoes, halved
- fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large yellow onions (about one pound), thinly sliced
- 1 5-ounce container baby spinach
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese (about 2 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Rub potatoes lightly with olive oil and arrange on a sheet pan. Roast potatoes in lower thirds of oven until skins are crisp and potatoes are very tender, about 1 hour. Arrange tomatoes in one layer and drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast in upper thirds of oven with potatoes, shaking pan occasionally, until slightly blackened and wilted, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over moderate heat and cook onions, stirring occasionally, until very golden brown and caramelized, about 15 minutes. Reserve skillet and transfer onions to a bowl. Wilt spinach with garlic over moderate heat, stirring constantly, about 1 1/2 minutes until just tender.
- Halve cooled roasted potatoes lengthwise and scoop them out, leaving 1/4inch shell and reserving potato pulp (about 1 3/4 cups) for another use. Top potatoes evenly with onions, spinach, tomatoes and cheese. Roast in lower thirds of oven, until bottoms are crisp, filling is hot and cheese is melted, about 7 minutes.