Prosciutto Date Cigars
Provided by: Marcus Samuelsson
Watch the related video to see Marcus Samuelsson prepare the Prosciutto Date Cigars.
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons Danish blue cheese
- 5 slices of prosciutto, halved
- 10 dates
- 5 almonds, halved
- 5 basil leaves, halved
- 5 mint leaves, halved
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine the cream cheese and blue cheese in a bowl. Add almonds, olive oil, salt and pepper. Stir until well-mixed.
- Remove the pit from each date. Place one date on the end of each halved slice of prosciutto. Add a spoonful of the cheese mixture and some basil and mint to each prosciutto slice.
- Starting at the end with the date, tightly roll the prosciutto slices.