Provided by: Hillshire Farm
- 1 package Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt to taste
- 1/2 pound large raw shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 6 cups hot cooked long grain white rice
- Cut sausage into 1/2-inch slices. Melt butter in a 5 to 6-quart pan over medium-high heat. Add sausage, onion, red bell pepper, green bell pepper and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until vegetables are soft and sausage is lightly browned.
- Stir in tomatoes, pepper sauce, black pepper, crushed red pepper flakes and salt to taste. Bring to a boil; add shrimp. Cook 3 minutes or until shrimp are cooked and opaque in center.
- Gently stir in hot rice and cook 3-5 minutes or until heated through.