Roast Leg of Lamb with New Potatoes & Shallots
Provided by: Woman's Day
total prep 436 calories/serving
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp each minced garlic, salt, freshly ground pepper and dried oregano
- 41/2 -lb shank half leg of lamb, trimmed
- New potatoes and shallots
- small new potatoes, scrubbed, larger ones cut in half
- 8 large shallots, peeled and quartered
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp each salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat oven to 350º F. You’ll need a large roasting pan.
- Lamb: Mix oil, garlic, salt, pepper and oregano in a cup. Rub all over lamb. Place lamb at one end of roasting pan. Roast 1 hr; remove from oven.
- Potatoes and Shallots: Add potatoes and shallots to other end of roasting pan. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss
- to coat thoroughly.
- Roast, tossing potatoes once, 30 to 40 minutes until tender and an instant- read thermometer inserted in thickest part of leg, not touching bone, registers 135ºF (rare), 145ºF (medium) or 150ºF (medium-well).
- Transfer to serving platter; cover to keep warm. Let stand about 15 minutes before carving lamb.