Roasted Asparagus and Goat Cheese Tarts
Provided by: TASTE
This quick and simple dish is great followed with a bowl of chunky fresh-fruit salad or preceded by a substantial salad of chicory, arugula, fennel and avocado.
- 4 sheets phyllo pastry
- Olive oil
- 2 cylinders goat's milk cheese
- 1 bunch slender asparagus tips, trimmed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Brush the sheets of pastry with olive oil, and fold each into a rectangle. Place on a baking sheet. Crumble the goat cheese on top, leaving a border of pastry. Add the asparagus. Season and drizzle with oil. Bake for 12 minutes, until the pastry is golden-crisp and the asparagus just tender.
- Cook’s tips: Ricotta works just as well as goat’s-milk cheese. Top with ruffles of smoked salmon trout or prosciutto, or add shavings of Parmesan.