Joseph de Leo
Provided by: Food&Wine
Chef Way Jerry Traunfeld toasts and grinds whole coriander seeds before pureeing them with roasted cauliflower, tahini paste, lemon and cilantro. Easy Way Use ground coriander from a bottle to season this bright, tangy recipe. Chef Coverage from F&W Editors
- 1 head(s) of cauliflower thinly sliced, 2 pounds halved crosswise and
- 1/4 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground coriander
- Kosher salt
- 3 tablespoon(s) tahini, sesame paste
- 3 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon(s) chopped cilantro
- Sesame seeds
- Pita bread or chips, for serving
- 1. Preheat the oven to 450°. In a large bowl, toss the cauliflower with the oil, ginger and coriander and season with salt. Spread the cauliflower on a rimmed baking sheet and roast for about 40 minutes, stirring once or twice, until tender and lightly browned in spots. Let cool slightly.
- 2. Transfer the cauliflower to a food processor. Add the tahini and lemon juice and pulse to a chunky puree; season with salt. Add the cilantro and pulse just until incorporated. Transfer the spread to a bowl and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve warm with pita bread or chips.