Roasted Dijon & Apple Glazed Turkey with Fruited Stuffing
Provided by: Campbell's Kitchen
- 3 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth (regular, Natural Goodness™ or Certified Organic)
- 2 small Granny Smith apples , chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 medium onion , chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 pkg. (14 oz.) Pepperidge Farm® Sage & Onion Stuffing
- 1 cup apple cider or juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coarse-grain Dijon-style mustard
- 1 (12- to 14-lb.) whole turkey
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 2 cans (10 1/2 oz. each ) Campbell's® Turkey Gravy
- 1. Heat 2 1/2 cups of the broth, apples and onion in a 3-quart saucepan over high heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the onion is tender. Add stuffing and stir lightly to coat. Set aside.
- 2. Heat the remaining broth, cider, brown sugar and mustard in a 2-quart saucepan over high heat to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and boil for 8 minutes or until the glaze is reduced by one-third and thickens slightly.
- 3. Remove the package of the giblets and neck from the turkey cavity. Rinse the turkey with cold water and pat dry with a paper towel. Spoon the stuffing mixture lightly into the neck and body cavities. Fold the loose skin over the stuffing. Tie the ends of the drumsticks together. Spoon any of the remaining stuffing into a casserole. Cover and bake alongside the turkey during the last 30 minutes of roasting or until the stuffing is hot.
- 4. Place the turkey, breast-side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Brush the turkey with oil. Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the meat, making sure the thermometer is not touching the bone.
- 5. Roast the turkey at 325°F. for 4 1/2 to 5 hours* or until the drumstick (leg) moves easily and the center of the stuffing reaches 165°F. Baste occasionally with the apple glaze. Begin checking for doneness after 4 hours of roasting time. Remove the turkey from the pan and let it stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- 6. Skim off the fat from the pan drippings. Stir the gravy into the drippings in the roasting pan. Cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring occasionally until hot. Serve with the turkey and stuffing.
- TIP: * The internal temperature of the turkey should reach 180°F.