Roasted Lemon Chicken Breasts
Provided by: TASTE
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Wash and dry the chicken.
- Pour boiling water over the lemons. Thinly slice the lemons, discarding the end pieces and any seeds. Mix with the garlic, thyme, a little olive oil and seasoning.
- Lift the skin of the chicken to form a flap. Arrange the marinated lemon slices on top. Replace the skin to cover and secure with string. Place on an oiled baking tray. Pour over the stock and lemon juice. Drizzle with oil.
- Roast for 25 minutes or until the skin is golden and the meat just cooked and moist. Serve with roasted baby vegetables.
- Variations: Cook risotto rice in chicken stock to serve on the side; shred the chicken and lemon slices, and mix with couscous, chopped fresh mint and coriander. Serve with hot chicken stock and harissa on the side.