Roasted Red Pepper and Artichoke Cheese Tortelloni
New Media Publishing / Photography: Flat Art Studios.com / Stylist: Abigail Donnelly
Provided by: Ian Knauer
Bring the flavors of the Mediterranean to your dinner table any night of the week. This recipe is such a breeze, you'll almost feel guilty about how good it tastes. Almost, but not quite.
- 1 8- to9-ounce bag dried cheese tortelloni
- 1 12-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 2 6-ounce jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- Cook tortelloni in a pasta pot of boiling salted water according to package instructions.
- While tortelloni boils, sauté red peppers, artichoke hearts, and ¼ teaspoon each of salt and pepper in butter in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer sauce to a large bowl.
- Reserve ½ cup pasta-cooking water, then drain tortelloni and add to red pepper-artichoke sauce along with some of reserved cooking water and basil. Toss well and season with salt and pepper. Thin with additional pasta-cooking water, if desired.