Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Red Pepper Aioli
New Media Publishing / Photography: Flat Art Studios.com / Stylist: Abigail Donnelly
Provided by: Paul Grimes
Skip the childish casserole with marshmallows - these sweet potatoes are for the grownups. And though it's impressive, the red-pepper aioli is a snap to make.
- 12 small sweet potatoes (about 5 by 2 inches), 4 1/2 -5 pounds
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 (3.5-ounce) jar roasted red peppers (drained)
- 3 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Put rack in middle position and preheat oven to 400F. Lay a sheet of aluminum foil on rack underneath or on floor of oven to catch any drips.
- Prick sweet potatoes 3 or 4 times with a fork. Lay potatoes on middle rack and roast until tender, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Drop garlic into feed tube of food processor with motor running to finely chop. Stop motor, then add remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
- To serve, make a lengthwise slice into top of roasted sweet potato and push from both sides with fingers to open. Spoon a dollop of aioli into potato. Serve additional aioli on side.