Salmon with Grilled Broccolini and Orange Sauce
Provided by: Curtis Stone
- Cut off the top and bottom of 2 oranges. Using a small, sharp knife, cut away the peel and white pith from the oranges, following the curve of the oranges from top to bottom.
- Working over a bowl and holding 1 orange in your hand, make 2 cuts within the membrane on either side of a segment, then lift the segment out of the membrane and place it in the bowl. Repeat to remove all the segments from both oranges.
- Squeeze the membranes to release as much juice as possible.
- Transfer the accumulated juices to a 2-cup measuring cup. Set the segments aside. Squeeze the remaining 6 oranges into the measuring cup until you have 2 cups of juice total.
- Bring the orange juice to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and reduce until the juice has a syrupy consistency. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, steam the broccolini just until vibrant green, about 2 minutes. Remove the broccolini and cool.
- Drizzle the broccolini with olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the salmon fillets with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Grill the broccolini until it is crisp-tender and slightly charred, turning as needed, about 5 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a heavy large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the salmon fillets and cook until golden brown on the outside and opaque around the sides but not quite opaque in the center, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the salmon fillets to a plate and let rest for 2 minutes.
- Divide the broccolini among 4 serving plates. Place the salmon atop of the broccolini. Drizzle the warm orange reduction over and around the salmon and garnish with the orange segments.
- Serve and enjoy.