Sarah's Baba Ghanouj
Provided by: Slashfood
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash, dry, peel and slice eggplants lengthwise. Place cut-side down in rimmed baking sheet that has a generous coating of olive oil. Roast in oven for about 45 minutes.
- Scrape the eggplant flesh into a mesh strainer set over a bowl or the sink, let it cool, or press down on it to squeeze out as much liquid as you can (There will be a lot). Discard this liquid.
- Pulse 2 cloves of fresh garlic in a food processor until minced, then add eggplant pulp, several cloves of the roasted garlic, 1 Tbsp olive oil, 2 Tbsp tahini, 2 Tbsp lemon juice, a pinch of cumin. Puree.
- Salt and pepper to taste, then serve with warm pita bread.