Shrimp and Pea Scampi
New Media Publishing / Photography: Flat Art Studios.com / Stylist: Abigail Donnelly
Provided by: Alexis Touchet
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lb cleaned large shrimp
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed on a plate
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 3/4 lb capellini (angel-hair pasta)
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
- Bring an 8- to 10-quart pot of salted water to a boil.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until it shimmers, then saute shrimp, turning once, until just cooked through, about 2 minutes. Transfer shrimp with a slotted spoon to a large bowl. Add garlic, wine, 1 tsp salt, and 3/4 tsp pepper to skillet and bring to a boil. Add peas and butter and stir until butter is just melted. Remove skillet from heat and add shrimp.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling water until al dente, about 4 minutes. Reserve 1 cup pasta cooking water and drain pasta. Toss pasta with shrimp mixture, parsley, and lemon zest, adding some of pasta cooking water if necessary to moisten.