Simply Special Seafood Chowder
Provided by: Campbell's Kitchen
total prep 264 calories/serving
Perfect for a chilly day, this hearty and delicious seafood chowder is made with fresh shrimp, mussels and white fish in a seasoned vegetable broth. Plus, it goes from fridge to table in just 30 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 medium bulb fennel , trimmed, halved and thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 medium onion , chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves , crushed
- 5 cup water
- 1 3/4 cup Swanson® Vegetable Broth (Regular or Certified Organic)
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Tomato Soup
- 1 package (about 10 ounces) frozen whole baby carrots , thawed (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 pound fresh or thawed frozen firm white fish fillet (cod, haddock or halibut), cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound fresh large shrimp , shelled and deveined
- 3/4 pound mussel (about 12), well scrubbed and beards removed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a 6-quart saucepot over medium heat. Add the fennel, onion and thyme and cook until they're tender. Stir the water, broth, soup and carrots in the saucepot and heat to a boil.
- Add the fish. Cover and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes. Discard any open or cracked mussels. Add the shrimp and mussels. Cover and simmer for 3 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork, the shrimp are pink and the mussels open. Discard any mussels that do not open. Sprinkle with black pepper.