Skillet Pork Chops Florentine
Provided by: Campbell's Kitchen
total prep 365 calories/serving
Juicy pork chops are sauteed to perfection and served with an appealing sauce made with marinara Italian sauce, frozen chopped spinach and onion, then topped with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- 2 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 6 boneless pork chop , 3/4-inch thick, (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 medium onion , thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 jar (24 ounces) Prego® Marinara Italian Sauce
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen leaf spinach , thawed and well drained
- 4 ounce shredded mozzarella cheese (about 1 cup)
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork chops and cook until the chops are well browned on both sides. Remove the pork chops and set them aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the remaining oil. Add the onion. Cook and stir until the onion is tender-crisp.
- Stir the sauce and spinach into the skillet and heat to a boil. Return the pork chops to the skillet and reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook until the chops are cooked through. Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Tip: To thaw spinach, microwave on for HIGH 3 minutes, breaking apart with a fork halfway through heating.