Slow-Cooked Balsamic Beef with Mushrooms
Provided by: Campbell's Kitchen
Stress-free, delicious dining is right at your fingertips...just try this slow cooked beef roast, made with bacon, mushrooms and flavorful balsamic vinegar. It's a winner!
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast , 1-inch thick (about 2 pounds)
- 2 2/3 cup Prego® Traditional Italian Sauce
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 package (8 ounces each) sliced mushrooms (about 6 cups)
- 1 slice bacon , cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 of a 12-ounce package medium egg noodles (about 6 cups), cooked and drained
- Spray a 10-inch skillet with the cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add the beef and cook for 10 minutes or until well browned on both sides. Pour off any fat.
- Stir the sauce, vinegar, mushrooms and bacon in a 5-quart slow cooker. Add the beef and turn to coat.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours or until the beef is fork-tender. Serve the beef and sauce with the noodles.
- Time-Saving: This recipe may also be cooked on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.