Smoked Salmon and Caper Spread
New Media Publishing / Photography: Flat Art Studios.com / Stylist: Abigail Donnelly
Provided by: Alexis Touchet
It doesn't get much easier than this -- all the players in a classic Nordic smorgasbord dish are stirred together to create a simple, delicious spread.
- 1 cup (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 pound smoked salmon, chopped
- 1/2 cup drained capers, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Accompaniment: rye crackers
- Stir together cream cheese and sour cream in a bowl until smooth, then stir in remaining ingredients.
- Make ahead: Spread can be made 4 days ahead and chilled, covered. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour before serving.