South-of-the-Border Chorizo Burger Wraps
Provided by: Woman's Day
total prep 691 calories/serving
- 4 oz total), halved lengthwise, removed from casings and cut in small chunks
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 2 large scallions, cut in 2-in. pieces
- 1 large jalapeño pepper, seeded and cut in large pieces
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 /2 lb 90 % lean ground beef
- 6 burrito-size (8-in. ) flour tortillas, stacked and wrapped in foil
- Nonstick spray
- 1 oz each) Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeño peppers
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 3/4 cup each guacamole, purchased or homemade, and salsa
- Burgers: Put all ingredients except beef in a food processor. Pulse until very finely chopped and blended. Scrape into a large bowl; add beef and gently mix to combine. Shape into 6 oval burgers, about 5 in. long and 3/4 in. thick.
- Heat outdoor grill. Put tortillas on grill to warm while burgers cook.
- Coat burgers with nonstick spray. Grill, turning once, 8 to 12 minutes, until an instant-read thermometer inserted from side to middle registers 160°F. Top with cheese; cover grill 45 seconds or until cheese starts to melt.
- Unwrap tortillas; place a lettuce leaf toward one end of each, lining up edges. Top with a burger; spoon on 2 Tbsp each guacamole and salsa. Fold opposite end of tortilla up and over burger and toppings, then fold in sides.