Soy-Garlic Chicken Wings
New Media Publishing / Photography: Flat Art Studios.com / Stylist: Abigail Donnelly
Provided by: Shelley Wiseman
total prep 533 calories/serving
Cutting wings into joints turns them into mini drumsticks and succulent pieces that are easy and fun to eat. Tossing the cooked wings with a sauce at the last minute allows you to get the chicken in the oven while preparing the sauce, and have dinner on the table faster.
- 3 pounds chicken wings (about 20)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves. minced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- Preheat oven to 450°F with rack in upper third.
- Cut wings at all joints, reserving wing tips for another use. Toss wings in a bowl with 1 teaspoon fine salt. Oil a large foil lined four-sided baking sheet and spread wings in one layer. Bake until golden and cooked through about 35 minutes.
- While wings are baking, stir together soy sauce, garlic, lemon juice, sugar and ginger in a small saucepan and simmer 3 minutes.
- Transfer cooked wing to a bowl and toss with sauce.