Spicy Grilled Quesadillas
Provided by: Campbell's Kitchen
Tender chicken, green onion, salsa and Cheddar cheese are sandwiched in flour tortillas that are grilled until golden and delicious.
- Top each of 4 tortillas with 1/2 cup cheese, 1/4 cup salsa, 1/4 cup chicken and 2 tablespoons green onions. Brush the edges of the tortillas with water. Top with the remaining tortillas and press the edges to seal.
- Lightly oil the grill rack and heat the grill to medium. Brush the tops of the quesadillas with oil. Place the quesadillas oil-side down on the grill rack. Brush the other side of the quesadillas with oil. Grill the quesadillas for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted, turning the quesadillas over once during grilling. Remove the quesadillas from the grill and let them stand for 2 minutes.
- Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges. Serve with the remaining salsa and sour cream.
- Tip: Quesadillas are an easy way to turn leftover meat and shredded cheese into a whole new meal. You can even combine different varieties of shredded cheese to make the 2 cups needed in this recipe.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve with Spanish-style rice and fresh carrot sticks. For dessert, serve fresh apple slices with prepared caramel sauce.