Spinach-and-Shrimp Salad with Chile Dressing
Provided by: Food&Wine
- 8 cup(s) baby spinach, 8 ounces
- 1 cup(s) frozen baby peas, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup(s) grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup(s) plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 Holland or serrano chile, minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) turmeric
- 2 1/2 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound(s) cooked large shrimp
- 1. In a large bowl, toss the spinach, peas and tomatoes. In a medium skillet, heat the oil. Add the onion and cook over moderately high heat until lightly golden, 4 minutes. Add the chile, ginger, cumin and turmeric and cook for 2 minutes. Add the lemon juice and season the dressing with salt and pepper.
- 2. Add the shrimp to the salad. Pour the warm chile dressing over the salad, toss well and serve at once.