Steamed Sole and Green Vegetables with Thai Style Coconut Sauce
Provided by: TASTE
- 4 filets of sole
- 2 3 bulbs fresh lemongrass
- 2 tablespoons Thai chili oil
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 bag ready-to-use cut green vegetables, such as snow peas, edamame, string beans and/or broccoli
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Fresh cilantro leaves, for sprinkling
- Steamed jasmine rice, for serving
- Wash and dry the soles and set aside.
- TO MAKE THE SAUCE:
Smash the lemongrass and unfurl the tough outer leaves (reserve for flavouring the rice). Finely chop the tender inner core. Using the Thai stir-fry oil, stir-fry the lemongrass, spring onion, chilli and garlic until fragrant. Stir in the coconut milkand bring to a simmer. Add the fish sauce and sugar, then simmer for a few minutes, until slightly reduced.
- TO ASSEMBLE:
Add the sole to the ready-to- steam vegetables, cover tightly, reduce the heat to a minimum, and leave to steam for about 5 minutes, until just cooked.Stir in the lime juice and a handful of coriander leaves. Check to see that the sweet-sour balance is correct and adjust if necessary. Add more fish sauce if required. Serve with plenty of hot jasmine rice.