Sticky Pecan Muffins
New Media Publishing / Photography: Flat Art Studios.com / Stylist: Abigail Donnelly
Provided by: Maggie Ruggiero
The food processor makes these tender little muffins insanely quick and easy. It’s the immediate gratification sticky pecan fix.
- For Topping:
- 3 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup pecans, untoasted
- For Muffins:
- 1 1/4 cups pecans toasted and cooled
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in middle. Generously butter a 12-cup muffin pan.
- Make topping: Pulse 2/3 cup pecans in processor until coarsely chopped. Microwave brown sugar, corn syrup, and butter just until butter is melted and stir until smooth. Divide among muffin cups and sprinkle with chopped pecans
- Make muffins: Pulse toasted pecans and sugar in a food processor until finely chopped. Add butter and process until combined, then add eggs and vanilla and process until combined. Add flour, baking powder, and salt and pulse just until incorporated. Divide batter between muffin cups, about 1/4 cup each.
- Bake until muffins are just firm to the touch and a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool 5 minutes in pan, then carefully turn out onto a rack and cool completely