Stuffed Bell Peppers “Nogales”
Provided by: Rice-A-Roni
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Prepare Nature’s Way Long Grain & Wild Rice Rice-A-Roni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cut peppers in half lengthwise; remove seeds, wash and drain. Place peppers in baking dish. Bake uncovered 12 to 15 minutes or until soft. Remove from oven.
- In medium skillet over medium heat, cook ground beef about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no pink remains. Drain fat, if necessary.
- In large bowl, combine corn, salsa and cooked beef. Add cooked rice; mix well.
- Spoon rice mixture evenly into each of pepper halves. Top each evenly with cheese. Return to oven 10 to 12 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Serving Suggestion: Just before serving, top each pepper with sour cream and sliced avocado.