Summery Fettuccine Alfredo
Provided by: Food&Wine
This extra-light Alfredo sauce for pasta gets its silkiness from fresh ricotta and grated pecorino cheese.
- 3/4 pound(s) fettuccine
- 1 cup(s) thick whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) finely grated pecorino cheese, 1 1/2 ounces plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped basil leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the fettuccine until al dente. Reserve 3/4 cup of the pasta cooking water and drain the fettuccine well.
- 2. Add the ricotta and the 1/2 cup of pecorino to the pot along with the reserved pasta cooking water; stir until smooth. Add the fettuccine and the basil, season with salt and pepper and toss. Serve in bowls, passing additional grated pecorino at the table.