Sun-Dried Tomato Basted Pork Loin with Creamed Sweet Potato and Mashed Peas
Provided by: TASTE
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 cups unfiltered apple juice
- 1 4-ounce jar store bought sun-dried tomato mustard, or chopped sun-dried tomatoes mixed with whole grain mustard
- 1 pound pork loins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 7 grams olives, drained and roughly chopped
- 3/4 pound fresh peas, or substitute frozen peas
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk, slightly warmed
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Juice of 2 limes
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Place the sweet potato in a saucepan with the apple juice and bring to a boil. Boil until cooked through, then drain and set aside.
- Smear some sun-dried-tomato mustard over the pork fillets. In a cast-iron pan, over a high heat, seal the pork fillets in the olive oil, then baste with more sun-dried-tomato mustard and scatter with olives. Place the pan in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the pork is cooked to your liking.
- . In a saucepan of salted, boiling water, blanch the peas then refresh in cool water. Using a masher, smash until burst, but ensure that the texture and color are retained.
- Mash the sweet potato with the butter, milk and seasoning, until no lumps remain, then push through a sieve to achieve a fine, light texture.
- Serve with the smashed peas and slices of pork fillet. Season to taste then squeeze over the lime juice.