Swanson® Roasted Chicken with Caramelized Onions Soup
Provided by: Campbell's Kitchen
Start with roasted chicken, add carrots, celery, pasta and caramelized onions to end with a very flavorful soup in only 30 minutes.
- 2 cups shredded roasted chicken
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions , halved and thinly sliced
- 8 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth (Regular, Natural Goodness™ or Certified Organic)
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 medium carrots , sliced
- 2 stalks celery , sliced
- 3/4 cup uncooked trumpet-shaped pasta (campanelle)
- Heat oil in 10" skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until they begin to brown, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium. Cook until onions are tender and caramelized, stirring occasionally. Remove skillet from heat.
- Heat broth, black pepper, carrots and celery in 4-qt. saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil. Stir pasta and chicken in saucepan. Reduce heat to medium. Cook 10 min. or until pasta is tender. Stir in onions and serve immediately.