Sweet Chile Tofu Fried Rice
Provided by: Tyler Florence
- 1 pint of leftover Chinese restaurant take-out rice (or fresh steamed white rice)
- 2 cloves garlic smashed
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 block (14 ounce) extra firm tofu cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 bag (1 pound) baby spinach
- 1 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sambal
- 2 tablespoons toasted (Asian) sesame oil
- 1/2 bunch scallions sliced into small rounds
- Heat up a large wok or skillet over medium heat. Add a 2-count of sesame oil and saute garlic and ginger until fragrant. Add the tofu and gently toss until lightly browned. Some tofu will break down a little which is fine. In a mixing bowl combine the soy sauce honey sambal and add to the skillet with tofu ginger and garlic. Stir together until well combined. Once the tofu is golden add the spinach and saute gently for 1 minute tossing to combine. Continue to cook until heated through.
- Take the cooked rice and fold into the sauce. Give it a good toss then garnish with some fresh chopped scallions.