Provided by: dLife®
Visit dLife.com for more diabetes recipes
- 1 tbsp margarine (trans free)
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped onion
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup cup sliced green bell peppers
- 6 cups fat free unsalted beef broth
- 2 cups fresh shredded cabbage
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1. Melt the margarine in a saucepan and then add the onions, celery, carrots, and peppers.
- 2. Stir over medium heat for about 4 minutes.
- 3. Add broth to vegetables. Cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- 4. Add cabbage and seasonings to soup. Cover and let simmer for another 5 minutes. Serve hot.