Tangerine Creamsicle Tart
New Media Publishing / Photography: Flat Art Studios.com / Stylist: Abigail Donnelly
Provided by: Kate Slate
total prep 294 calories/serving
- 5 ounces graham crackers (9 full cracker sheets), broken into pieces
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- FILLING & TOPPING:
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon grated tangerine zest
- 6 tablespoons tangerine juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- Make the crust: Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a food processor, process the graham crackers, wheat germ, sugar, and salt to very fine crumbs. Drizzle in the melted butter and process to thoroughly combine. Press into the bottom and 3/4 inch up the sides of an 8 1/2-inch springform pan. Bake for 10 minutes to set the crust. Set aside to cool. Leave the oven on.
- Make the filling: In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the whole egg and egg yolks until light and lemon colored. Blend in the condensed milk and tangerine zest. Gradually add the tangerine juice and lemon juice. Pour the mixture into the tart shell. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until slightly risen and just beginning to take on some color.
- Let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.
- Make the topping: In a small bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the cream with the confectioners' sugar until stiff peaks form. Dollop or pipe the whipped cream around the outside of the pie.