Provided by: EatingWell
total prep 16 calories/serving
Soy sauce, mirin, brown sugar, garlic and ginger combine in this teriyaki-inspired marinade for grilled chicken or pork chops.
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sake or mirin
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1. Whisk soy sauce, sake (or mirin), brown sugar, garlic and ginger in a bowl until the sugar is dissolved.
- Nutrition note: Based on Test Kitchen results, 2 teaspoons of marinade are absorbed per serving.
- To Make Ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.