Tex-Mex Turkey Tenders & Stuffing
Provided by: Woman's Day
total prep 453 calories/serving
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 medium zucchini (about 6 oz), diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 oz chorizo sausage, chopped (3/4 cup)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 3 cups cornbread stuffing mix
- 1 pkg (about 2 lb) homestyle turkey breast tenderloins (2 tenderloins per pkg)
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a 2-qt shallow baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add zucchini, bell pepper and onion; sauté 5 to 6 minutes until soft. Stir in chorizo, cumin and 3/4 cup water. Simmer 1 minute. Add stuffing mix; toss to moisten evenly. Spoon into baking dish. Top with tenderloins; sprinkle turkey with chili powder. Cover dish tightly with foil.
- Bake 11/4 hours or until centers of tenderloins register 165°F on a meat thermometer. Remove 1 tenderloin to a cutting board; cut crosswise in 1/3-in.-wide slices. Wrap and refrigerate remaining tenderloin
- Serve with: turkey gravy from mix, jar or can.