Toasted Corn & Sage Harvest Risotto
Provided by: Campbell's Kitchen
This dish has comfort written all over it...creamy risotto packed with peppers, corn and sage, that doesn't require constant stirring. It's easy to make and even easier to eat.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup fresh or drained canned whole kernel corn
- 1 large orange or red pepper , chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium onion , chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 3/4 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 4 cup Swanson® Chicken Broth (Regular, Natural Goodness™ or Certified Organic)
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Celery Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil in a 4-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the corn, pepper and onion and cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are lightly browned.
- Add the rice to the saucepan and cook and stir for 30 seconds. Stir in the broth and sage and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Stir in the soup. Cook for 2 minutes or until the rice mixture is hot. Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Easy Substitution: If you want a meatless side dish, substitute Swanson® Vegetable Broth (Regular or Certified Organic) for the Chicken Broth.