Tuna, Cannellini Bean, Red Onion and Tomato Salad
Stephen Davis Phillips
Provided by: Marco Canora
- 1 6-ounce can tuna, preferably Italian packed in olive oil, drained
- 4 small tomatoes, cored and cut into wedges
- 1 1/4 cups cooked cannellini beans or rinsed canned beans
- 1 small red onion, peeled, halved and very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano, perferably Italian
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine tuna, tomatoes, beans, onion and basil in a large bowl.
- Dress the salad with the vinegar and oil. Season it to taste with salt and pepper then mix gently and serve.