Very Berry Pancakes with Mixed Berries and Maple-Yogurt Topping
New Media Publishing / Photography: Flat Art Studios.com / Stylist: Abigail Donnelly
Provided by: Adeena Sussman
total prep 582 calories/serving
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/4 cups shaken buttermilk, plus more for loosening batter if necessary
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- Melted butter for cooking pancakes
- MIXED BERRIES:
- 2 cups sliced berries (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- MAPLE-YOGURT TOPPING:
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Whisk together the eggs, buttermilk and melted butter. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and whisk until just combined (batter will be slightly lumpy).
- Heat a griddle or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat and brush griddle with additional melted butter. Measure out pancake batter 1/3 cup at a time and pour in batches into griddle or skillet Cook until edges brown and bubbles form around edges and center of pancakes, 2-3 minutes per side. Flip and continue cooking.
- Combine yogurt, maple syrup and lemon zest in a bowl. Serve over Very Berry Pancakes.
- Note: If batter becomes too thick, loosen with additional buttermilk, adding 1 tablespoon at a time, If you like sweeter pancakes, add an additional tablespoon of sugar to the batter.