Provided by: Allison Fishman
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 20-ounce can crushed pineapple
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 2 cups ice cubes, about 12 cubes
- Peel banana, break into chunks, and put in blender with crushed pineapple, orange juice and ice. Blend until smooth.
- TIP: If you love orange juice in the morning, this smoothie is for you. If you prefer a less acidic start, add yogurt to this smoothie to mellow it out.
- TIP: Fresh pineapple is delicious (and works well in this smoothie), so give it a try. If you need a quick morning fix, canned pineapple does the trick.
- TIP: If you like your smoothies ice cold, put the pineapple in the fridge. Or, better yet, put all the ingredients (except the ice) in the blender the night before, refrigerate, and give a quick blend in the morning. Talk about your 30-second breakfast!