Karen Kraushaar, one of the former National Restaurant Association employees to accuse Herman Cain of sexual harassment and the second to come forward publicly, is "not considering a press conference" unless she can get the remaining two anonymous woman to participate, CNN reports.
"She still would like to have a press conference with all four women," a source close to Kraushaar told CNN, but it's unclear exactly what she plans to do if the others refuse to come forward.
On Wednesday, Kraushaar's attorney, Joel Bennett, suggested that she would be willing to hold a joint press conference with Sharon Bialek, the first woman to go public with her allegations. Now CNN's source claims this is unlikely.
Bennett also told CNN that Kraushaar had called the two other women, but hadn't received a response.
While the scandal surrounding alleged sexual harassment continues to develop, Cain, who has repeatedly denied that there is any truth to the accusations, is seeking to move his campaign beyond the story that has rocked his candidacy since the beginning of the month.
The Associated Press reports:
Republican Herman Cain met voters for the first time since sex harassment claims engulfed his upstart presidential bid as an aggressively supportive grass-roots crowd came out Thursday to cheer him and jockey with a horde of media.
Cain was touring Michigan tea party groups all day, his first campaign swing since the story broke late last month. He's aiming to hold on to the grassroots spark that catapulted him to the top of the GOP field before the allegations of sexual harassment became public.