A lawyer representing the parents of missing Missouri baby Lisa Irwin says that a call made on a cell phone stolen the night the child vanished proves the couple's innocence, according to a Reuters report.
At 11:57 p.m. on Oct. 3, a call was placed on one of three cell phones allegedly stolen that night from the home of Deborah Bradley and Jeremy Irwin, attorney John Picerno said during an appearance Saturday on Fox News' "Justice with Judge Jeannie" show.
A record of the call identified the intended recipient as Megan Wright, who says she doesn't know Bradley or Irwin. Wright can't offer any information about the mystery caller, because she didn't answer the phone that night, according to the report.
Bradley has said that she put Lisa to sleep earlier that evening, and that the child had disappeared by the time her husband arrived home at 4 a.m. the next day.
The use of the phone to dial a stranger allegedly supports their theory that a burglar broke in and abducted their daughter.
"What it tells you is our clients are telling the truth," Picerno said.
Bradley and Irwin have maintained their innocence since their daughter, who first birthday was on Nov. 11, disappeared from their home during the middle of the night.