Courtesy of Net-A-Porter
Ever since last week, buzz has been building around Karl Lagerfeld's latest fashion venture "Karl," but it reached fever pitch this afternoon when Net-A-Porter (the new label's exclusive partner) released images of three of the looks, plus more details on the actual
designs. Here are the top five things to know and love about Karl:
1. The collection will launch exclusively on Net-A-Porter on January 25th 2012.
2. It will be comprised of everything from sweats, skirts, dresses, shirts, tees, shoes and bags.
3. The pieces are described in the press release as such: “Traditional shapes are shaken up in this collection while keeping a functional aspect.”
4. Prices range from $50 to $1,000.
5. Materials and design will include, "...vinyl sleeves, athletic-inspired shorts and rubber patches stamped with Karl's logo, reminiscent of a boxer's belt. Also featured are shorts in heavy cotton with a buttoned fly and zippers on the thighs, as well as black wool pants with tuxedo stripes. With an appreciation of all thins jersey, leather skirts, round-collar silk blouses, plunging zippered necklines on the back of short dresses, detachable collars, sequined skirts and dresses."
We’re basically your best friend… with better taste. Learn more