BOOKS

HuffPost Book Club: The Tiger's Wife By Tea Obreht, Part 3 Of 3

01/02/2012 07:02 pm ET | Updated Mar 03, 2012

The final part of "The Tiger's Wife" Book Club discussion, chapters 9-13 inclusive, lives here. See our previous discussions here and here. To add to this discussion, please comment below or on our Facebook page, or you can tweet to us with the #hpbookclub hashtag. We want to hear from you!

A little about who you'll be hearing from...

Andrew Losowsky, Books Editor
I'm British, so anything you think I've spelled wrong, is actually just spelled older. I look for stories to take my brain into new spaces, and I'll be particularly discussing the facts as we think we know them, and the clues I think we're being given by the story.

Zoë Triska, Associate Books Editor
I was a Literature major so I can't help analyzing every single thing (from the syntax and language to metaphors, similes, you name it). I (reluctantly) admit that I'm one of those people who Googles phrases, places, names every couple of pages when I'm reading. There are constantly things that stump me, though so I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Madeleine Crum, Assistant Books Editor
I like looking at language particularities, but in case you think that's a snooze (you wouldn't be alone), I'm also interested in reading what critics say about books and whether their reviews are spot on or way off. Let's talk about it.

Annemarie Dooling, Community Editor
Quotes, locations and descriptions speak to me the same way characters do. I love dissecting the same details that tell us more about the story than the actual prose. If you read the same books over and over and over again the same way you visit an out-of-town friend, we're going to get along just fine.

01/29/2012 9:13 PM EST

What did YOU think?

We want to know your thoughts on the book! Feel free to tweet using hashtag #hpbookclub!

@ ThatsVy :

Finished The Tiger's Wife today, and while it was well-written & thought-provoking, it lost me in the end. #hpbookclub

We will be announcing our next Book Club pick tomorrow, so stay tuned!

Vote here and let us know what you thought of "The Tiger's Wife"!

01/29/2012 9:10 PM EST

My thoughts on the book

Zoë: I absolutely loved this book. Even after problematic areas were pointed out to me, I couldn't help but love it.

01/29/2012 8:54 PM EST

Ch. 13: The River (and Epilogue)

The story finally comes back to the present, and Natalia continues to follow the stranger in the dark.

01/29/2012 8:42 PM EST

Ch. 12: The Apothecary

The story goes back to when Natalia's grandfather was a child.

01/29/2012 8:11 PM EST

Ch. 11: The Bombing

Zoë: This chapter goes back in time again to earlier in the war, a few years before Natalia's grandfather dies.

01/26/2012 2:54 PM EST

Chapter Ten: The Crossroads

This one's a short chapter, and after the epic tale of Dariša, that's something of a relief.

Click below for the spoilertastic discussion.

01/26/2012 2:43 PM EST

01/26/2012 2:39 PM EST

About Death

The personification of Death in the young Darisa's mind in Chapter Nine brought to mind Terry Pratchett's wonderful Discworld character Death.

Do you have any favorite literary personifications of death? (And "Bill and Ted" doesn't count.)

01/26/2012 2:33 PM EST

01/26/2012 2:16 PM EST

Chapter Nine: The Bear

Not long to go now. Chapter Nine - and with 100 pages to go, we meet an entirely new character: Dariša the Bear.

Click below for a spoiler-filled discussion, led by Andrew Losowsky