'Watch What Happens Live' Recruits Sandra Bernhard, Anderson Cooper & More For New Nightly Format
Andy Cohen's "Watch What Happens Live" launches its new format this week, airing five nights a week, Sunday through Thursday (premieres Sun., Jan. 8, 11 p.m. EST), and the guests are getting super-sized, too.
At the Television Critics Association (TCA) press tour, the network announced that Cohen's guest line-up will now include more celebrities from outside the Bravo universe, as well as comedienne Sandra Bernhard, one of Cohen's favorite guests, who has been bumped up to "regular correspondent" status.
Starting Monday, Jan. 9, Bernhard will stop by the show's set, a.k.a. the Clubhouse, once a week to deliver “Sandrology,” what Bravo describes as an uncensored rant from her unique perspective about recent events in the world of pop culture.
“I am especially thrilled Sandra Bernhard has signed on as a regular contributor," Cohen said. "She is one of a kind and always keeps it fresh. Our 'Ralph Fiennes Pajama Party' is going to be epic, and this is all just the beginning of what we're planning ... which is to make the show even more spontaneous, fun and interactive.”
The guest line-up for the first two weeks includes:
- Sunday, Jan. 8: "Real Housewives of Atlanta" star Kandi Burruss and ?uestlove, DJ/percussionist/record producer from The Roots and "Late Night With Jimmy Fallon"
- Monday, Jan. 9: CNN anchor and talk show host Anderson Cooper and "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" star Camille Grammer
- Tuesday, Jan. 10: Singer Robin Thicke and Tori Spelling, star of Oxygen’s “Tori and Deans Home Sweet Hollywood," both making their Clubhouse debut
- Wednesday, Jan. 11: Actress Rosie Perez and “Top Chef's” Hugh Acheson
- Thursday, Jan. 12: Emmy-winning talk show host Rosie O’Donnell
- Sunday, Jan. 15: "Real Housewives of Atlanta" star and Clubhouse veteran Nene Leakes, who'll be seen on "Glee" soon as well
- Monday, Jan. 16: Kyle Richards and Mauricio Umansky from “The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills"
- Tuesday, Jan. 17: RuPaul of "RuPaul's Drag Race" and "Tabatha Takes Over" star Tabatha Coffey
- Wednesday, Jan. 18: "Late Night" host Jimmy Fallon
- Thursday, Jan. 19: The Bravo Clubhouse's first ever Pajama Party with Oscar winners Ralph Fiennes and Holly Hunter