Beth Jones, the blogger behind B. Jones Style, has been a fan of Carrie Bradshaw's "Sex and the City" hair for nearly ten years. Bradshaw, played by Sarah Jessica Parker, always manages to look impeccable because of her two signature hairstyles. (Well, that and her sick collection of Manolo Blahnik heels!) While her over-sized ballerina bun is simple to emulate, we find Carrie's beachy waves a bit harder to perfect. But Beth, who has been rocking the style for over a decade, was kind enough to share her tricks in the tutorial above.
Watch the video then read our tips for getting the look in under ten minutes. Tell us, would you rock Carrie Bradshaw's glam waves?
How To Get 'Sex And The City' Carrie Bradshaw Waves:
1. Make sure to leave yourself ample time to style your hair, this does take a bit of time! Though Beth admits to wearing the same style up to three days straight, so it's definitely worth the effort.
2. Starting with wet hair, work a volumizing mousse throughout your hair. (Beth used Tresemme Foaming Mousse.)
3. Spritz salt spray (we recommend Bumble & bumble) into your still-wet hair.
4. Beth then adds what she calls her "magic" ingredient for fullness -- Bumble & bumble Texture Paste -- which she works into the roots and ends of her hair.
5. Next, blow dry your until it is nearly dry -- you still want it to be a little damp. Beth typically flips her head over and runs her fingers through her hair.
6. Brush out your hair lightly, then twist one or two-inch sections of the hair. Using the bobby pins, clip the twisted hair on top of head, continue until all hair is sectioned off.
7. After you take out the twists, tousle hair while blow drying until completely dry.
8. Add more Bumble & bumble Surf Spray while working fingers through hair.
9. Add thickness at the bottom of your hair with a paste like Garnier Fructis Surf Hair Texture Paste.
10. Use a tiny bit of styling spray which will add some body.
11. Time to break out the curling iron! Take one-inch sections, wrap the middle of each section loosely around the barrel of the curling iron and hold for a few seconds.
12. Finger through the curls so they don't appear so perfect -- what we love about Carrie's hair is that it looked so effortless.
13. Re-visit that surf spray one last time and tease the hair a few inches from the crown. Finish with a blast of hair spray for hold.
BEAUTY RELATED LINKS YOU MAY LOVE:
The Sexiest 5-Minute Makeup Looks - Allure
Why I Got Botox In My 20's - The Frisky
DIY Ombre Hair In 4 Easy Steps - The Gloss
23 Beauty Products We Love - iVillage