Gas Prices: What You Are Paying At The Pump [PHOTOS]
Gas prices are hitting record highs for this time of year and with summer approaching, they're likely only going to get worse. While the average cost of a gallon of gas is costing Americans $3.73, our readers are already paying well above that (see below).
Looking to save on gas? Here are some tips on how to maximize your gas mileage:
- Keep your tires inflated to their optimal pressure to improve your car's fuel economy.
- Be gentle on your pedals, and refrain from making sudden stops.
- Download an app to help you find the lowest gas prices in your area.
- Don't speed -- you'll burn through your gas tank faster.
- Plan your outings efficiently. Minimize the number of stops you have to make and outline your route in advance to minimize mileage.
- Clean out your trunk so you're not lugging around extra weight. The heavier your car, the harder it has to work to move.
- Take your car in for a check up to make sure it's operating at its full potential.
What are you paying? We called upon readers to show us what they're paying in their home towns.
Check out these pictures of what readers are paying for gas.