Take away the glamour, the cocktails and the Manolo Blahniks -- but leave the sex -- and you have "Girls," written and directed by its star Lena Dunham and executive produced by Judd Apatow.
Some of our favorite lines from the trailer include:
- "You are from New York. Therefore, you are just naturally interesting."
- "My circumstances have changed, and I can no longer afford to work for free."
- "So, I've calculated, and I can last in New York for three-and-a-half more days, maybe seven if I don't eat lunch."
- "You think that because you're what, 11 pounds overweight that you know struggle?"
- "I am 13 pounds overweight and it has been awful for me my whole life!"
- "It's like we're all slaves to this place that doesn't even want us."
According to HBO, the series will give "a comic look at the assorted humiliations and rare triumphs of a group of girls in their early 20s." Dunham's "Girls" will kick off its 10-episode Season 1 on Sun., April 15 at 10:30 p.m. EST.
Watch the all-new trailer for "Girls" above and an interview with Dunham below.
HuffPost Entertainment is your one-stop shop for celebrity news, hilarious late-night bits, industry and awards coverage and more — sent right to your inbox six days a week. Learn more